Saturday, February 10, 2007

You're the Boss Applesauce!

And here we are....only checking BigQuestionMarks' Blog two to three times a day this week instead of every twenty minutes or so.
The idea of losing Adrian, and the foursome of adventure dynamic, had filled me with such a desperation and panic. Initially, imagining that my life and all it's meaning was wrapped up in the time spent with Adrian and the stories resulting from said time. What friendship will compare? What adventures will I have now? Adrian is a tough, tough act to follow any way you look at it. Now, I am well aware of how overdramatic i sound. It wouldn't sound like me if it wasn't waaaaayyy over the top emotionally. so, bear with me secure in the knowledge that I can at least recognize how self-absorbedly (word?) melodramatic I am.

In reading their blog I have shifted away from the "I miss you" phase. Not to say that i don't miss them, of course. I am just so happy to read the stories of their explorations. I perceive them as the perfect travellers and it makes me proud to know them! They are fearless, yet sensible. They do not hesitate to try new things. So many people tend to shut out the cultures which they claim to be interested in. And, most of all...they can see the beauty in the yucky times. The times of filthy, livestock-filled bus trips. The times of accomodations with no bathroom doors. The times that other people think of as the bad times and try to focus away from. These are the real memory makers, I think. And Adrian and Dayle seem to experience everything with a level of excitement and anticipation that I admire. With the idea that every obstacle brings you to another level of enlightenment!
You two are an amazing. I am so pleased that you are having such a cake-eatingly good time.

Meanwhile, on the home front....
New Graeme is taking the world by storm! I don't like the moniker "new graeme". He coined that term. This is the Graeme the three of us always knew and saw. The cake-eating, sarcasm-fueled, take-no-prisoners Graeme. The Dragonforce Graeme. Now, similarly to Neo when he starts to bend the Matrix, Graeme is beginning to believe. As such, he is laying himself a veritable buffet of cakes! Oh...also he now knows Kung Fu. You would be so proud!

I am planning a trip to England to see Noel Gallagher in concert apparently. Mark (my brother) called me one night and told me he got us two tickets t a sold out show in London England at the end of March. Which, of course, I didn't think I could afford. My parent's have now offered to pay for my flight. I think they are slightly worried about him going on his own. So, it looks like I'm out of excuses! Hopefully, while I'm there I'll have a chance to visit the Coronation street set! Then all my dreams will have come true!

I seem to have started this entry off as a blanket post, and then morphed it into a letter to Adrian and Dayle...weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so that was a wierd post,
I suspect there is some bleeding
somewhere..

BTW, its ok to say "We miss you Dayle and Adrianna" once or twice a month, more that it becomes a whole other story.

One of the best things about you Laura (esp. your writing style), is how much you make me want to lie to myself and do naughty things.. but

Since Adrianna and DAylee have left you have become a better person. You are nicer to street animals, you can do amazing suicidal string puppet poses, and you finnaly learned how to butter bread.. ok that last part is a lie. But all said, I am proud of you.

So please continue, your fun or
fury awaits.
ps. Greame, Neo is dead. However, you we can rebuild him...NeoGraemo!

Slice.